1 Information Collected
- We collect two types of information from visitors to the Sites and participants in promotional campaigns:
- • Personally Identifiable Information
- • Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- 1.1 Personally Identifiable Information
- "Personally Identifiable Information" is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. TRCO Inc. may collect and store the Personally Identifiable Information that you have provided to us. Here are some examples of manners in which we may collect your Personally Identifiable Information:
- • We may collect your name, address and additional information contained in
an online form on the Sites to us if you participate in a promotional campaign
- • We may collect your name, address and additional information contained in
a printed form and posted to us if you participate in a promotional campaign
- • We may collect your name, email address and phone number if you contact
us with a question related to our services or promotional campaigns
- • We may collect your mailing information if fulfilment of a promotional
campaign requires delivery by post
- • We may collect date of birth if you participate in a campaign where there
are age restrictions on participation or a prize draw
- The above list is not exhaustive but provides examples of the Personally Identifiable Information that may be collected. If you do not want TRCO Inc. to collect your Personally Identifiable Information, please do not provide it to us.
- 1.2 Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information" can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, location, gender or interests. Non-Personally Identifiable Information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the Non-Personally Identifiable Information that is collected via the Sites:
- • Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your IP address is the address used to locate
your computer on the Internet
- • Internet Browser type (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- • Statistics on page views
- • Pin code that provides access to participate in a promotional campaign
- • Cookies
- We collect the above Non-Personally Identifiable Information from all visitors to our Sites. If you do not want TRCO Inc. to have access to this information, please do not visit our Sites.
2 Use of Information
- 2.1 Personally Identifiable Information
- We use your personally identifiable information that is collected primarily for the following:
- • To fulfil reward requests from promotional campaigns that you are
- • To provide you with information on products or services you have requested
- • To ensure the Sites are relevant to your needs
- • To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Sites
- • To contact you in response to sign up forms such as Contact Us or
- 2.2 Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining Non-Personally Identifiable Information with Personally Identifiable Information.
3 Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- 3.1 Personally Identifiable Information
- We may share or disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in the following instances:
- • To comply with the requirements of law or comply with legal process
served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the
rights and property of TRCO Inc. or act in urgent circumstances to
protect the personal safety of our end users
- • To protect against potential fraud, we may verify the information collected
we request the information, we do not otherwise use, share or otherwise
disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to any third parties.
- 3.2 Non-Personally Identifiable Information
- We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties, but we will always anonymize it to ensure that you cannot be identified either from the information itself or through combining it with other information that the transferee is likely to have or obtain.
4 International Transfer of Information
- If you provide us with Personally Identifiable Information, TRCO Inc. may transfer that information to other Group companies or affiliates or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from a country outside the UK, please note that you are transferring your Personally Identifiable Information to the UK. By providing your Personally Identifiable Information you consent to:
- • The use of your Personally Identifiable Information for the uses identified
- • The transfer of your Personally Identifiable Information to the UK as
5 Retention of Data
- If you provide information as part of a promotional campaign your personally identifiable information will normally be stored in database for the duration of the campaign.
- At the end of a campaign, personally identifiable information will be removed from live systems but it may remain on backup devices for a period of up to 3 months after the campaign is over. Non-personally identifiable information may remain on live systems for statistical analysis and reporting.
- We generally communicate with users who subscribe to our services via email. Although you may opt out of marketing messages, please note that it is in your interest to ensure that we are able to deliver certain non-marketing related messages and that we may be required to deliver certain notices to you by law.
- We will provide you the opportunity to exercise an opt-out choice if you do not want to receive other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates from us regarding new services and products offered on the Sites or if you do not want us to share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties. The opt-out choice may be exercised by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box provided at the points where Personally Identifiable Information is collected, or by contacting us using the contact details provided at http://www.trcomarketing.com.
- 7.1 What are Cookies?
- Cookies are small text files placed on your computer or mobile device by websites. They store preferences and other information to allow you to use the website efficiently and also provide information on how websites are used. Some cookies are essential for the website to function, others are optional.
- With most Internet Browsers, you can erase Cookies from your computer hard drive, block all Cookies, or receive a warning before a Cookie is stored. Your Browser instructions or help screen will tell you about these functions. Please note that removing or blocking Cookies may interfere with your full use of our Sites.
- 7.2 Essential Cookies
- We use session cookies to store information that are essential for the website to function. This includes cookies that store code validation and reward information. These cookies expire when you terminate your browser session.
- 7.3 Performance Cookies
- These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Data transmissions over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we take all reasonable steps to ensure security of our systems and protection of the data.
- If we learn of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using these Sites or providing Personally Identifiable Information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of these Sites. We may post a notice on our Sites if a security breach occurs or we may send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
10 Contacting TRCO Inc.
- You have a right under the Data Protection Act 1998 upon written request and payment of a fee, to have a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- The Data Protection Officer
- TRCO Inc.
- 23 Beaumont Mews
- W1G 6EN